Payroll is an essential part of every organisation and managing time and attendance records for inclusion with payroll can be both time-consuming and error prone. The resources that you allocate to routine payroll administration and manual activities can often be better used on other tasks and their time spent more efficiently. Yet even with this knowledge, some organisations are still reluctant to invest in an integrated payroll/ time and attendance management system that offers seamless workflow and automation. The use of integrated systems empowers an organisation with the tools to reduce costs, drive efficiency and remove the complexity of time-consuming manual processes.
An automated system that integrates payroll with time and attendance tracking is also the perfect way to minimise errors and ensure accurate reporting. A range of methods for collecting time data, such as swipe cards, biometrics and mobile apps enable you to gather data easily and without the need for manual input. Analysis of the data is in real time to deliver more efficient payroll processing and reporting.
The gap between hours worked and hours paid is bridged with a fully integrated system (or automated payroll interface). Separate systems generate confusion with information scattered across multiple databases. Often, changes do not update everywhere leading to conflicting data with no way to know what is true and, in turn, this can lead to manual corrections. Correcting errors and making manual adjustments is time-consuming and disruptive. Organisations using multiple software solutions must decide how to enact data changes across all their software; determine a source of truth for their data and implement their interfacing to enable this.
Giving your employees direct access to their personal data is a positive strategy for payroll; saving payroll/finance from endless emails and phone calls about incorrect pay, unpaid overtime etc. Secure, direct access by the individual to pay and attendance data improves productivity time for both employees and the payroll and/or finance teams. Through use of a self-service portal, employees can view and print payslips, view their pay history and leave balances, apply for leave and much more. With an integrated, automated system and self-service access, payroll/finance staff can make a more strategic contribution to the business instead of spending their valuable time on policing attendance and repeatedly correcting payroll errors.
The seamless integration of payroll and time management software improves automation and workflow practices and some of the many benefits are as follows:
- Information is consistent across all systems and is updated automatically
- Remove the need to input changes multiple times in different systems
- Automate collection, tracking and management of employee hours and pay
- Confidence that hours and pay are always in accordance with statutory legislation
- Real-time data for managers to review and approve timesheets with greater efficiency and accuracy
- Administer payroll across multiple locations from one central location
- Reduce time spent on salary and wage calculations, benefits, allowances and leave etc
- No need for paper timesheets: clock data is used to automatically calculate and process payroll
- Online submission of RTI and EPS to HMRC
- Automatically calculate total worked hours including overtime, sick and holiday pay
- Instant access to reports on employee attendance and performance
- Manage employees across multiple departments and shifts
- Self-service for employee access to pay and other information
- Security, audit and accurate history available at all times
Integrated payroll/time and attendance software helps to reduce or even eliminate the stresses inherent to the payroll process. Software designed to provide seamless functionality offers a consistent interface and user experience. And, when combined with streamlined processes and automation, enables you to effectively meet the demands of managing payroll whilst freeing valuable time and resources for other activities.
Successfully capture attendance information and cut the inaccuracies that result from multiple time recording devices with Frontier Software’s Time & Attendance solution. It is completely integrated with the ichris payroll module to deliver the level of control and information needed for the effective management of employee attendance and rostering.
Frontier Software has developed one of the most successful solutions for payroll/time management and their products are in use across a global client base. A truly comprehensive range of software modules deliver a multi-functional and ﬂexible solution.
Contact Frontier Software on 01276 456902, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.frontiersoftware.com